Thursday, September 14, 2017

Extra Eggs, How about making Pickled Eggs

Update: Just after 24 from the time of pickling I do a little taste test and Hubby says they are the best pickled eggs he's ever tested. After testing a few batches that I made and letting me know that something needs to be a bit different I'll take his word. Also said that I had better of wrote down the recipe so that I can make more 💋💋💓💓

Hi all you lovely crafters of the world.
Do you happen to have way to many eggs with no idea as to what to make with them.
How about pickling them. You can even use some beat juice to color them pretty.

Here is what I did to make my pickled eggs.  Needless to say until they set hard to say if I got this right. But if I do need to change something I shall do an update to this post.
I have been expermenting a little so I do know that I got the vinegar/water figured out but as for the rest.

Start off with making sure you have boiled your eggs long enough to be hard boiled. Where we live I find it best to boil eggs for pickling for about a 1/2 hr. The eggs are hard boiled by 10 minutes but I boil longer for picked eggs.

Make sure you have a sealable jar that is big enough for 18 eggs.

Find the perfect costume at an unbelievable price. Findcostume.com
Pickled Eggs 18 Eggs
3 Cups white vinegar
1 Cup water
2 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and herb
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 onion thinly sliced




Put your cooled shelled eggs into jar.

In a pot put your vinegar, water, spices, onion and sugar.  Bring to a boil turn down so its a light boil and proceed to do light boil for 5 minutes. 
Let broth cool some so that you don't break the jar.  Pour over eggs, put on lid and move eggs to fridge. 
Let the eggs set for about a week (lets the flavor get into the eggs better)
Proceed to enjoy

Happy Crafting to all the wonderful crafters 




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Crochet Kits at knitpicks.com Gorgeous Tonal Merino Wool s at knitpicks.com New Majestic Needles from Knit Picks