Sunday, July 23, 2017

A little about me

Hello all I thought I would give you a little insight as to who I am.  I am born and raised ranch lady who was raised back in the boonies of the beautiful British Columbia, Canada. I am now a mom of 2 wonderful (handful) children who light up my world and woman to a man who loves me.

I started out trying to learn how to knit as a wee little one but there was just no way. I always figured it was impossible to make anything with yarn and needles. BOY was I wrong.  Back in the fall of 2010 when my son was just a little. I decided to give it another try and started out crocheting by watching different videos on YouTube. I was able to learn  different stitches and started out making scarves and tuques.  Then when he was about 2 so in 2012 I decided I wanted to learn how to knit so I found the website Craftsy and bought a couple of the classes still very skeptic but low and behold I figured  how to knit. Now I'm not saying that I know a lot but the little that I do know managed to get me started. Then I tried following a pattern and oh boy I was excited I got a start but then I got bored and well my project changed as I started doing different things.  Found out then that no matter how I tried following a pattern just wasn't for me as would get bored with the same stitch and start changing things. So from there I just started wining it. Loved how things were turning out.  Then I shared a picture of a project I had done with a group on Face book and was asked where they could find the pattern. UMMM well there was no pattern and I let them know but that got me thinking. If I couldn't follow a pattern but did my own thing maybe just maybe I could try and write a pattern. I know that even sounded crazy to me.
Well even sounding crazy I decided to try it. So there started my journey in early 2017.  Then a friend got a hold of me asking if I could build something for her. So I did and wrote the pattern for it in knit. But what about it crochet. Yup managed that as well and now I have patterns for both knit and crocheted Egg Aprons. Best part I did it where a person didn't have to sew the pockets on. I hate seaming and try to avoid doing it.
Well now that I have some pattern made its been bugging me that I couldn't figure out how to get them tested. Then found a wonderful group on Ravelry of people that are willing to test patterns for free. So I have 1 that has completed testing and 2 more currently in testing. I am planning on getting all patterns tested.

I find relaxation in both Knit and Crochet. So I shall continue on this wonderful journey and hope I can come up with items that people love.
Thank you everyone for all your interest in my designs and any questions about my patterns feel free to ask away.

Reney
Trelenberg Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Crochet Kits at knitpicks.com Gorgeous Tonal Merino Wool s at knitpicks.com New Majestic Needles from Knit Picks